Do you have a passion for communication and enjoy working with planning, executing and following up on communications activities?
Do you love writing and have experience from working with media relations? Would you describe yourself as a strategic team player that loves to create results? If so, the role as Project Manager & Press Officer at the Communications department at H&M Norway and Iceland might be your next step!
H&M Norway and Iceland is looking for a Project Manager & Press officer, mainly focusing on corporate communications (sustainability, expansion, employer branding etc) and internal communications, but who will also work with proactive and reactive media relations and act as a press officer and spokesperson. The Norwegian and Icelandic communications department consist of 7 team members together working with all internal and external communication activities on the Norwegian and Icelandic market, building and strengthening the H&M brand with the goals to increase sales in our stores and online. You will be part of planning, carrying out and following up on external communication activities based on both the global and local communications plans to effectively spread H&M’s messages on the Norwegian and Icelandic market.
- The role of the Project Manager & Press Officer is diverse, but the key responsibilities will among others include
- Manage local proactive and reactive media relations together with the Communications Manager.
- Act as a press officer and spokesperson handling media and interview requests, write messages, press releases, handle crisis communication.
- Maintain and develop a network with the appropriate journalists, influencers, stakeholders and opinion leaders on the Norwegian and Icelandic market.
- Set strategies, plan, execute and follow up on various corporate projects, based on the global and local communications plans.
- Plan and forecast budgets for projects
- Set, follow up and report on KPIs and objectives connected to project responsibility.
- Identify activities to strengthen H&M Norway and Iceland’s external communication
- Work in sync with other departments around projects and campaigns within sustainability, expansion, employer branding, internal communications and other areas.
- Collaborate with the whole department for different events (not only corporate events), both internal and external
- Back up main spokesperson when the Communications Manager is not on duty.
As a successful Press officer and Project Manager at the Communications department we believe that you:
- Have relevant university degree within communications, media, PR or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working with project management, media relations and crisis communication
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, in both Norwegian and English.
- Are proactive/take own initiatives and can work independently as well as within a team.
- Can easily see the bigger picture, set right priorities for yourself and lead others to do so too.
- Have good knowledge of the Norwegian media landscape for fashion, business and sustainability.
- Are creative, have an entrepreneurial spirit, a strategic mindset and are always focused on potential improvements and results.
- Are service-minded and have an open, positive and friendly attitude.
- Have great interpersonal and networking skills.
- Have a very ‘hands on’ and ‘can do’ approach.
- Are flexible and easily adapt to changing conditions.
Are you ready to join?
This is a full-time 12-months position (with possibility of prolonging contract) placed at the H&M Norway and Iceland support office in Oslo. You will become part of the Norwegian and Icelandic Communications department, work closely with and report to the Communications Manager. Please send your CV and motivation letter no later than 10th of November.
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Kristin Fjeld,
Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.