We are looking to strengthen our team with a new
communications advisor with a special responsibility for guest communication and irregular operations.
Hurtigruten has in the last few years become established as a world leader within sustainable expedition cruises. We offer unique experiences in unique destination. We aim to be best at storytelling and positioning the company as the greenest cruise company in the world.
As a communications advisor you will have an important role in the communications department and be a part of the Irregular Operations (IROP) team. The communications adviser will provide strategic proactive and reactive communications and media support, and have special responsibility for advice and trainings to the Irregular Operations (IROP) department and handling media and communications within IROP globally. The IROP communications adviser is a flexible position between the departments and teams, and will be dedicated as and when needed. The position is based in Oslo.
- Primary contact and day-to-day responsibility for communications during irregular operations and strategic messaging to guests and stakeholders.
- Act as spokesperson for Hurtigruten, including during IROPs and crisis relevant to area of responsibility to protect Hurtigruten global reputation.
- Advise on communication related matters relevant to IROP responsibilities and other topics that can protect Hurtigruten’s customer relationship, reputation and public relations.
- Produce and update media and communications products such as media plans, press releases, web stories, social media content, journalist contact lists, talking points with key messages and red lines and other multimedia content.
- Develop and maintain a strong media network with national and global media contacts.
- Dialogue with international and national media, including being part of Hurtigruten’s 24/365 press duty officer rotation.
- Preferably two years’ work experience as a media/communications adviser or journalist.
- 3-5 years of University or higher education in related field, such as journalism or communication.
- Experience and documented results in crisis communications.
- Demonstrated high strategic levels of communication and media performance.
- Demonstrated ability to find new creative media angles.
- Experience in managing and producing a variety of multimedia content for multiple media and social media channels.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is essential. German and French languages are an advantage.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Global Media Advisor, Hanne Taalesen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: October 20th.